Saturday, September 3, 2011

Alternations vs. Simultaneity

Alternations vs. Simultaneity

Can the Spirit live together with my body?
Must one die to satisfy the other?
Is the soul divided?

My mind claims that I pant for Jesus
as a deer pants for water, yet a moment later
my mind pants after the world!

     What a struggle, I cannot win!
     I cannot.
     But He can!
     I believe with my lips,
     with my head and heart,
     But desire betrays, and my hands
     and feet reveal true hypocrisy!

     So how does this work?
     I must believe, but I cannot even make my body believe!
          Jesus within; the power of the Holy Spirit!
     Help me in my unbelief!  Refresh my soul
     with your living water.  Refresh my appetite
     with the bread of life!

     Pour forth from me simultaneously
with the filling of my cup, filling others and others.
     Not me, but Christ in me, through me and all of me
Reach the world while dipped in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment