Monday, October 24, 2011

Yada -- Knowing God More Day 2

Day two: 
Today again, my thoughts were running wild rather than listening for God. I sat outside, and with my eyes closed, every twitch or breeze set my mind on thoughts of bugs hopping all over me. Then I thought and perhaps boasted to God that at least I’m not like those legalistic folks who feel they need to pray on their knees. Then God said, “Submission.” I quickly understood this was God’s intention for me to learn of Him today, but while Jesus submitted to His Father, is God really the face of submission? 

“Get on your knees.” 

Surely that’s Satan playing with my mind. I’m not legalistic and I’m quite comfortable praying in the chair. 

“Submit.” 

“Got it…I kneeled.” 

I am prideful even with no one around. After getting on my knees God brought to mind bigger submission failures on my part. Submission is the key for today. Follow His prompting. Don’t wait for God to explain Himself or beg—just submit in humble obedience.

Kneel. Pray. Write. Tell. 

1 comment:

  1. "God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth."Matt 5;5

    God give us a spirit of humbleness today. Take away any pride, jealousy, bitterness, or focus on self. We know all we do and accomplish is because of the talents and gifts you have given us. When we are successful, give us the strength to give all the glory back to God. We are unable to do anything of worth on our own and pray for His blessings on our abilities. When we receive compliments allow us the attitude of, "Not I but Christ". Humbleness allows us to see Good's good work through us and opens our eyes to how we can bless others. All to the Glory of God. In Jesus name, AMEN

    ReplyDelete