Monday, September 24, 2012

DREAMS

DREAMS

     Dreams demand my  attention
God demands my dreams
     Tonight, dream of God in His glory
in glory to earth in me, through me to someone
     Lord, let my faith reach the stars
Let the bright fire from Heaven tickle my nose
and warm my face in the chill air of this world.
     Heat, warmth from the Spirit, percolating within
the embers of my soul
     A fire of passion glowing in desire to burn
with tongues of fire
     Consuming the dead wood of my selfish dreams
warming my heart with the sacrifice of my devotion
to me, to the world
     The fire of Christ burns, contain within yet 
reaching to consume my warmth of love
     A vessel deathly hot within, in self-consumption
bringing comfort to a cool night
     I love the warmth yet dare not touch
the heat for I cannot handle it.
     But I do not have to
     All I do is burn with ablaze in the Holy Spirit
burning the chaff and bringing light--the light
of Christ into the darkness!

               Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment