Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spiritual Block: Reading Through the Gospels

I'm posting the last exercise in the spiritual block here of reading through the Gospels each month.  It's been a few weeks and I'm working my way through.  'Jesus and the Fig Trees' was a writing that came from reading through the Gospel books.  God's Word is living and active.  I encourage you to still follow through with this exercise, but I will be posting a new Spiritual Block for those interested.


SPIRIT BLOCK

Sometimes we have struggles keeping in step with the Spirit. I seem to be going through the motions sometimes going to church, praying for dinner, saying, "God Bless you," when someone sneezes. You could list a few going-through-the-motions activities yourself--I could list many more here, but the purpose of this block is to offer exercises in getting back in touch with the Holy Spirit--to find life in Christ and Kingdom living here on earth now!
One thing practiced by a pillar of the faith, though I've forgotten who, is reading the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John) each week. While this may seem daunting to you with so many appointments and packed schedules, perhaps taking each book for a week to have them read each month is more attainable. Whatever you are able, His word is living and active! Let it live through you as you read through the Good News each week or month while still keeping in study with other scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment