Saturday, July 2, 2011

Writer's Block: Psalm 8

Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set Your glory above the galaxies.
From the lips of Julia and Reagan You have brought praise
Because of the enemy,
to silence the liar, the prowling lion.

When I consider the Milky Way and star clusters countless light years away
the work of Your fingers
planets and supernovae
that you have set in place
What am I that You should notice
my children that You should care for us?
You made us a little lower than the One uncreated,
You have crowned me with glory and majesty!
You made me to rule over dogs and trees, vegetables and lizards

You've ordered creation beneath my feet,
  The pen and the auto
  and also the electronic age
  birds and planes, whales and submarines
  whatever passes through the oceans.

O Lord, our Lord!
How majestic is Your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment