Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spiritual Block: Psalm

Last month, I took a Proverb a day--31 Proverbs, 31 July days.  This month, I've added to my reading of scripture an exercise in Psalms that is not something I just figured out, but an exercise having been done by countless others before me.  The Psalms have different categories, authors and styles, so instead of just reading 5 per day sequentially, I read Psalms 1, 31, 61, 91 and 121 on Aug 1; Psalms 2, 32, 62, 92, and 122 on August 2.

I encourage you to engage in this activity beginning today on whatever day you are reading this post.  I also encourage you to leave comments on insights gained from your reading, thoughts of how the Holy Spirit has spoken to you, inspirational stories of reading combined with real life events...I will post from time to time this month about my own journey through Psalms as well, but I'm posting this as a blog entry so you can add stories of the action of His word in your reading.

To God be the glory!  Enjoy the Psalms!

No comments:

Post a Comment